Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: love-hounds-digest Digest V13 #282

From: Mike Holmes <mike@mc-h.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 21:25:30 +0000
Subject: Re: love-hounds-digest Digest V13 #282
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

In message <971111203946_-1139893813@mrin44.mail.aol.com>,
RedRamGrl@aol.com writes
>Two days later I get an Email letter from Sony MagicLink saying the message
>has been reviewed and with my permission will be sent to a classified Email
>Internet address.  Is this true?  Can we really reach Kate Bush this way?

I hope it isn't a joke. My own gut feeling is that she isn't a net user
per se, but I don't see why it shouldn't be feasible by now that someone
somewhere may be collating e-mails for her attention (when she's got a
minute to read them of course!).

>If so, what do you say to her that hasn't been said before?

What do you want to say? You can say anything you like if it's genuinely
sincere & flattering - she is a woman after all! I don't think it
matters if it's been said before, the fact that YOU are saying it makes
it different.

Personally I prefer to send her letters. This isn't something I do every
week or anything, Christmas & birthdays is quite enough, cards & stuff.
Don't expect to get an answer though. This isn't because she doesn't
care, she's too nice for that. Most likely it's because she gets so much
mail she can't possibly answer all of it, neither would she answer just
some of it because then she'll probably feel guilty about not answering
the rest.

Also she wouldn't want to say anything that might be misquoted or
misused later - I mean she'd like to trust you, but how can she be
really sure? You never know though, you might get lucky - I've only been
doing it for 2 years but already my efforts have managed to coax 2
signed photographs out of her. Not a bad result I'll think you'll agree!

By the way, peeps, next July it's the big "Four-O", so if you want to
make it special...
--
Mike H
"She [was] like the Spice Girls all rolled in one with a flake on top."_O_