Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kare Snubbed By Rolling Stone!!

From: "(Ratravarman) Thomas Izaguirre" <tizaguir@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 11:58:18 -0600
Subject: Kare Snubbed By Rolling Stone!!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Rolling Stone just came out with a special Women in Rock issue that,
rather predictably, omits Kate Bush with the alacrity of Soviet Union
photograph censors.  I tried to find a reference to her, but absolutely
nothing came to my eyes.  Perhaps I missed something, but then again,
Rolling Stone has never been known for its coverage of Kate, or Jane
Siberry, or Laurie Anderson.  Thing is, half the artists they profiled
like Sinéad O'Connor (whom has acknowledged a debt to her), Tori Amos,
etc. would simply not have had the opportunities they have, if not a
job, if it wasn't for Kate's extraordinary musical adventurism.  I
suggest we flood the magazine with letters of protest about this all too
glaring omission.

Thomas Izaguirre
Kate Fan since '79