Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Yoko (was Re: Yoko-enthusiast Ann Magnuson (fwd))

From: "Renee Rosen" <lilitu@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 21:32:38 +0600
Subject: Yoko (was Re: Yoko-enthusiast Ann Magnuson (fwd))
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Comments: Authenticated sender is <lilitu@mail.cjnetworks.com>

On  5 Nov 97 at 15:34, Mr H wrote:

> Am I the only Lovehound on Ono-net?

I'm not a big enough fan to be on Ono-net, but I do like some of her
stuff. I have the compilation _Walking on Thin Ice_ (the one-CD
Rykodisc comp from a few years back). I love the "new wavish" and
experimental stuff (like "Yangyang"), but I *hate* the sappy
ballad-type stuff (no insult to those Yoko fans who love that sort of
stuff), so I've been afraid to buy a whole album (as opposed to a
comp), since I'm not sure which ones are which. I noticed a bunch
were rereleased recently. Are there any you would recommend? I'll
list of some of my faves and least faves from the comp to give you an
idea of what I loved and hated:

Favorites:
Walking on Thin Ice
Kiss, Kiss, Kiss
Yangyang
No No No

Least Favorites:
Even When You're Far Away
Nobody Sees Me Like You Do

Well, you get the idea. So which of her full-length albums would
I like? Or would I only like about half of each?
Renee Rosen                             "Transylvanian Concubine,
lilitu@cjnetworks.com                    You know what flows here like wine.
Goddess in Training                      Stay here with us, it's just time.
Astrud and Kitto on irc                  Transylvanian Concubine."
http://www.cjnetworks.com/~lilitu                    --Rasputina