Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Heather Nova & Happy Rhodes

From: lombaeg@mail.interpac.be (Emmy May Lombaerts)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 22:25:21 GMT
Subject: Re: Heather Nova & Happy Rhodes
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

On 21 Oct 1997 05:19:18 -0400, Matthias.Menk@erziehung.uni-giessen.de
(Matthias Menk) wrote:

>Yes, I remember Heather very well !!
>I love to hear her "glow stars" ! It has such a wonderful atmosphere !

I also love "Glow Stars" the most. It's her best IMHO, with the
incredible "My Fidelity" and "Mother Tongue".

Although I think "Sugar", that I've only heard as a live-track so far,
is brilliant too.

>Happy is a really wonderful singer too. If you (jon) would like to get
>into her music, you can try "rhodesongs". I like her early music most
>(rhodes I+II), because I love her high angle-like voice and the pure
>guitarsound.

Yes, me too. My fave Happy-album of the ones I've heard so far, is
"Ecto". I simply adore "If So" and "Would That I Could".

Emmy

-,-`-<@ http://home.planetinternet.be/~elombaer/ased/
                 The alt.support.eating-disord F.A.Q.
http://club.innet.be/~year2846