Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush & Bjork

From: Wendy Collinson <wendy.c@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 21:00:57 +-100
Subject: Kate Bush & Bjork
To: "'lovehounds'" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Return-Receipt-To: <wendy.c@ndirect.co.uk>

A couple of interesting comments made by/about Bjork & Kate, plus a rare sighting of the latter ....

November's Q Magazine features an interview with Bjork, from which the following is drawn:

Bjork is not mad at all.  Rather she is quite eccentric, like her schoolgirl heroine, Kate Bush.  "I remember being underneath my duvet at the age of 12, fantasising about Kate Bush", she reveals, "but I don't want to make a big thing our of it.  I would love it and hate it to be compared to Kate Bush, because I'd be very honoured to be compered to such a genius, but at the same time, it's important to me that I have my own individuality and my own voice."

The October 15-22 edition of London's Time Out Magazine contains the following:

A Sideliner bumped into Kate Bush at the recent premiere of mundane musical "Maddie" at the Lyric Shaftesbury.  After the show Bush revealed that one of her long-standing admirers is everybody's favourite mad Icelander, Bjork.  Bush was the inspiration for Bjork to move into music.  Back in 1989 Bjork sent Kate a demo of her song "Moving", said Bush, and since then the pair have kept in touch.  In fact, they have even been talking about the possibility of a duet.  What a prospect.  Sidelines looks forward to the loopiest record ever made, combining childhood fantasies, violently happy weather machines and Emily Bronte.

Wendy xxx