Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Loreena McKennitt: The Book Of Secrets

From: Rolf.Peukert@theoinf.tu-ilmenau.de (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 97 08:07:38 +0100
Subject: Re: Loreena McKennitt: The Book Of Secrets
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi,

I'm beginning to really like this album. It's the first McKennit album
that I actually own, but I've heard some of the others (thanks Donna!)
and prefer the eastern-influenced stuff to the more traditional celtic.

And I've heard "The Mummer's Dance" in a place where I didn't really
expect it: "SWF3 Hitline", a phone-in chart show on south-west Germany's
pop music radio station, where it had to compete with the new Rolling
Stones single, several boygroups and the inevitable Elton John.
It made number 14 (of 20 eligible tracks).

Also I was delighted about the booklet, it not only has the lyrics,
but also Loreena's notes to each song, and translations to French,
German, Spanish and Italian.

ciao,
Rolf