Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Album Covers

From: Aptobin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 09:50:23 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Album Covers
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Truly a tough decision:  Which Kate Bush album cover is your favorite?  Well,
it took me a lot of self-deliberation, but the verdict is in...

No, I'm not a big fan of The Kick Inside, Lionheart, and Never For Ever
Covers.  The Dreaming is when Kate first got things right in my eyes (mind
you, I only mean cover-wise!  Musically, of course, from the get-go.).  The
Dreaming is beautiful, portraying that certain yearning as she expectantly
has her mouth slightly ajar.

The Hound of Love is a true Epicurean cover, wallowing with those pups.  Very
nice.  I love William Wegman's snaps of his weimaraners and it reminded of
this.

The Red Shoes... no.

My winner has got to be the stark and beautiful simplicity of The Sensual
World.  Kates beautiful, large eyes and a flower.  what else could you want?
 I used to have a huge poster of this, but in one of my many moves it went
missing.  So I'm sure of of Al's Moving Company now his to explain to his
wife who the hell that beautiful woman is he's got hanging up in the garage.
 The Sensual World is, well... sensual.

Alex Tobin (no pseudonym)