Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Biggest Chill?

From: "boots" <more@more.more>
Date: 19 Sep 1997 10:22:52 GMT
Subject: Re: The Biggest Chill?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

DJH:
> Maybe the love has gone
> But there's still a heart that's beating
> Though the clouds have come
> Maybe the sun will come out
>
> The storm is coming back
> Maybe you'll be coming back
> 'Coz I'm still waiting
> Baby well I'm still waiting
>
> Which most of you know is pretty much the whole song.. By the end I
> was so sad and drained.. (as a 'happy ending' aside -after 7 years
> apart,  we got back in touch.. and THE SUN HAS COME OUT!!)  But that
> probably shouldn't count, since it is more than one line. However..
> It was definately the most powerful "pull of the (KaTe) bush"

I've had pretty much the same reaction to the song, it's very powerful. In
fact, until I read your message, I guess I'd blocked it out of my memory.
It also brought up in my mind how Kate has a way of putting into words and
music some of the things too painful for those of us who listen to her to
bring out on our own.

"I just know that something good is gonna happen--I don't know when
 but just saying it could even make it happen"

brilliant premises to you all

boots