Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Get Off The Subject (Was love-hounds-digest Digest V13 #242)

From: Don <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 22:37:29 -0700
Subject: Get Off The Subject (Was love-hounds-digest Digest V13 #242)
To: RedRamGrl@aol.com
Cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 10:22 PM -0700 9-18-97, RedRamGrl@aol.com wrote:
>Hi everyone.  I was just wondering if we could get off the Elton John/Diana
>subject.

Okay.

> I personally think the song was beautiful and fitting.

Oh, look. You've got us back on the subject. I thought you wanted to get
off it.

> No one had a gun to his head and made him change it.

Wow! You're still talking about it. I guess you didn't really want to get
off the subject. You just wanted to get in your opinion and then have
everyone else be quiet. LOL!

> There are more important things to
>worry about in life than the re-workings of one little song.

And there are more important things in life than Kate Bush. Perhaps we
shouldn't talk about her either?

>  More energy
>could be focused on continuing the work Princess Diana did.

Yes, there are many photo ops that have be too-long ignored. Maybe I should
donate my clothes to an auction to raise money for AIDS. What do I hear bid
for a faded pair of 501s worn by ME!

> Right now the
>land mine issue is the focus of major International committees and she helped
>bring attention to the issue.

Yeah, and I'm proud to say our country just blew that nonsense off. Only
the most facile of countries would let the death of a princess effect their
foreign policy decisions.

> Let's focus on that and not worry about a stupid little song.

Okay...but if you want to get off of music, you probably need to be on
another mailing list and newsgroup.

- Don