Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Biggest Chill?

From: "DJH" <donna@math.uconn.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:01:45 +0000
Subject: Re: The Biggest Chill?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Comments: Authenticated sender is <donna@tatung.math.uconn.edu>

For me:

In the video version of Cloudbusting the "it's you and me, daddy"-s
make me want to curl up and cry.

Hounds of Love - any vocal version.. "come on baby, come on darling,
let me steal this moment from you now"

I'm still waiting.  I spent 6 years drinking wine to this song
lamenting the Man (of my dreams) who got away.  the lines that would
get me to start to tear-up were:

Maybe the love has gone
But there's still a heart that's beating
Though the clouds have come
Maybe the sun will come out

The storm is coming back
Maybe you'll be coming back
'Coz I'm still waiting
Baby well I'm still waiting

Which most of you know is pretty much the whole song.. By the end I
was so sad and drained.. (as a 'happy ending' aside -after 7 years
apart,  we got back in touch.. and THE SUN HAS COME OUT!!)  But that
probably shouldn't count, since it is more than one line. However..
It was definately the most powerful "pull of the (KaTe) bush"

Well, I could go on and on.

d~
"I don't know why I give in, but I do every time.
And here I am wondering why I did it again.
Too-ree-ay, too-ree-o, too-ree-ay, too-ree-o, too-ree-ay's what I say
     To keep me going, To keep the shit away."  Kate Bush