Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Under the Ivy

From: Kelley Hays-Gilpin <Kelley.Hays-Gilpin@nau.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 13:24:06 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Under the Ivy
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
A1-type: MAIL
Alternate-recipient: prohibited
UA-content-id: A2443ZXAGJH0KH

Here's where I've seen "Under the Ivy," which is my favorite
Kate song. The 45 rpm B-side was already mentioned, together
with the Back Sides bootleg, and the bonus disk in the
boxed set. In addition,

*the recently released "Hounds of Love" re-master. Under the Ivy
appears among the Bonus Tracks. This one sounds the best,
and although apparently only released in the UK, US record shops
can order this or anyone can order it from cdnow.com
*a bootleg called "This Woman's Work Extended Edition I." This
was available from cdnow until recently, and quite a few must
be floating around. Apparently, this is about the same as the
bonus disk in the boxed set. I think the sound quality is good,
but then, my stereo is not an expensive one.
* video of Kate performing Under the Ivy, solo with piano, on
the Lovehounds Collection (The Tube, March 19, 1986 at Abbey
Road Studios)
* Mila Drumke's wonderful cover of Under the Ivy appears on her
new CD entitled "Illinois," on Little Pro Records.

cheers,
Kelley (looking forward to the Old Blind Dogs concert tonight).