Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Organic Acid: DO NOT BUY THIS HORRIBLE BOOTLEG!!!!!!!!!!!!! (long)

From: cc124@aol.com (CC124)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 12:21:11 -0400
Subject: Re: Organic Acid: DO NOT BUY THIS HORRIBLE BOOTLEG!!!!!!!!!!!!! (long)
To: <rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
SnewsLanguage: English

Ron Girardin wrote:

 > There's been some controversy being stirred up buy this bootleg CD.
>I received it ysterday in the mail.  I paid $30.00 for this piece of crap.
>
>title:  ORGANIC ACID      (1997 Toasted records CDKTB)
>total time: 54:21

>Track listing (as it is written on the CD insert):
>
>   1.  Katetopia (Fruitopia Song Collage)
>   2.  Organic Acid (Studio out take)
>   3.  Atlantis (Studio Demo)
>   4.  Honey (Studio demo)
>   5.  You Were The Stars (Studio demo)
>   6.  The Handsome Cabin Boy (Studio out take)
>   7.  Gay Farwell (studio demo)  2:56   synth
>   8.  Passing Through Air (Studio Demo)
>   9.  Dreamtime (Studio out take)
>  10.  Cussi Cussi (demo)
>
>There you have it.  This CD is utter crap.  It garbage....garbage that even
>maggots wouldn't touch.
>
>I feel soooo ashamed to have spent money on this.  It's not worth it at all.
>
>on a scale of 1 to 10,  I rate it a 0.
>
>I know some of you are curious about this CD...but don't buy it.  If
>you absolutely MUST here this sh*t, then email me privately, I'll tape
>it for you.  I don't want other people to waste their money on this bootleg.
>

>Whoever made this CD has no class whatsoever.
>
>Kate's songs here are defaced, raped and literally destroyed.
>
>I hope a warning goes out in the next Homeground issue....
>
>*sigh*
>

>peace
>
>ron

I for one have never heard the original Early Years tape.  I have only
heard the Organic Acid tape mentioned above so I don't know what the Early
Years tape should sound like.
I would very much like to hear them but noone in this group seems to want
to get a few people together to make copies to circulate amongst all of us.
 I've only read about a few having this tape and in an earlier post, the
first thing in the message read, DO NOT ASK FOR A COPY. Most of us have
only read about how wonderful these tapes are and have no way of hearing them.
Are there any love-hounds out there willing to start making decent copies
of the original Early Years tape to circulate amongst us?
I am willing to do whatever I can to help.

Colleen....xxx