Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

9th Wave Interpretation

From: "S. Graham" <sgraham@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 02:33:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 9th Wave Interpretation
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

I've been lurkin for a while.  For me the most interesting part of this
list is other people's interpretations of Kate's songs.   Everyone seems
to have their own take, which is great.  As far as the drug references in
'under ice' go, I remember reading an interview in an irish music rag some
years ago where the interviewer put that very interpretation to her.  I
believe her response was that this was a neat take on the track, but
not one that she had intended or thought about.

Am I the only one out there to have a more poignant take on "the
morning fog"?  I've never thought of it as describing a real rescue,
to me it's the concluding dream of the drowning woman...  Dreaming
about her family and how much she loves them is her last thought, and in
that way she connects with them for a final time before she dies.  The
rest of the ninth wave is a waking dream, so why not this too?  Just a
thought.

Is there ANY way of buying the two extra discs on TWW on their own?  I
seem to remember a post a while back from someone in the Netherlands who
mentioned where to order them individually.

BTW, favourite album?  Can't chose between the Dreaming, HoL, The Red
Shoes.  I know a lot of people hate "eat the music", but it is one of my
favourite tracks on TRS...  always makes me want to leap around the room
in joy.

Sean