Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: oz 2

From: Phoenix <populuxe@geocities.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 11:21:58 -0700
Subject: Re: oz 2
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Boots wrote:
> Tin Woodsman = Unionized factory workers (considered to be Heartless)

I don't think we probably had much in the way of heartless union factory
workers at the time Baum wrote Oz.  Modern labor union protections came
later.  I think factory workers were still basically treated like shit.

Hey -- hasn't somebody already debunked all this
Oz-as-political-commentary theory here?  I'm sure I read such.