Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Political correctness

From: "Ronald W. Garrison" <rwgarr@intrex.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 11:24:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Political correctness
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
To: Skipperway <skipperway@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Skipperway wrote:

> The "PC" label really gets my goat.  I could go on at length, but let
> me
> simply say that the true insidious nature of "PC" struck me when
> intelligent people started prefacing their opinions with the
> disclaimer,
> "This may sound PC, but.." or simply dismissing their opinions as
> having
> no real value because they "sound" politically correct -whatever THAT
> means!

Not sure where exactly you stand, from the foregoing. But the whole
thing does irritate me too, increasingly.

(Check out one of my pages,

http://www.intrex.net/rwgarr/bogeymen.htm

for an elaboration of what's on my mind.

Generally, it seems like when you get accused of being PC, it's because
you are telling someone something that (s)she doesn't want to hear, but
needs to.

--Ron

http://www.intrex.net/rwgarr/