Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

unexpected use of kate's music

From: meredith <meth@smoe.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 11:50:33 -0400
Subject: unexpected use of kate's music
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

I was just channel-surfing and came across a newsmagazine for young adults
on PBS, "1 Zone".  They were doing a little quiz on what exactly the
official governmental role of the Queen of England is (A. Head of
Government, B., Head of State, C., Both, D. Neither), and it took a few
seconds, but I realized that the music they were playing in the background
was the instrumental bit from the end of "Cloudbusting"!!!  They kept it
going through the explanation of the correct answer (B :) and a brief
overview of the parliamentary system.  It was exceedingly bizarre, but
pretty damn cool to hear nonetheless.