Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My Visit With IED

From: Darrell Henry <darrh@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 11:44:16 -0500
Subject: My Visit With IED
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

I am a long-time Kate Bush fan but as in many cases, I
had never before met another fan in person much less
got to actually share anything Kate related with someone.
Its always been just the opposite, Ive had to hide my
enthusiasm to avoid negative reactions and comments.
But this past Saturday, I had the first time pleasure
of meeting another fan, even better, a fan of my
magnitude and more.

I had planned a short trip that would take me through
Weatherford, USA where the notable Andrew Marvick/IED
just recently moved to begin a university teaching position.
I got in contact with him and he welcomed me to come by for
a visit.

On arrival at his apartment, he welcomed me in and I found
that he is a very nice and very gracious person.

Most of the two hours or so I spent there, we talked
about Kate Bush, of course. He showed me his wonderful
Kate KollecTion and was extremely generous in giving
me some very nice duplicate posters he had and a 7"
Hounds of Love single in a cover which I had never
seen before to add to my own growing KollecTion.
He told me about his previous meetings with Kate and
her family, other long-time love hounds such as
Chris & Vickie, ( He said nothing but good things
about eveybody :-). He also showed me lots of fan
magazines, and I got to hear the Common Ground Kate
track, Mna Na h-Eireann,  which I hadn't heard yet,
and saw some video which I had never seen before.

I had a great time to say the least. It was really
nice to finally meet another KT fan, and I was
especially lucky that it was a fan like Andrew Marvick.

Those of you out there who already know him know what
I mean. Well Andrew, hopefully I'll be seeing you again
soon and we can indulge in more Kate pastimes.

--
Darrell L. Henry
darrh@flash.net

KTISGOD **** SRI **** KTISGOD