Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Hello Earth" Choral Group

From: Del Stanley <dgstan@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 10:13:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: "Hello Earth" Choral Group
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Dear Love-Hounds,

I saw an episode of the TV show "Miami Vice" that featured portions of Kate
Bush's track "Hello Earth" from her H of L CD. During this track a male
choral group provides additional music that sounds like... well a newage
Tibetian monk/ Gregorian chant. Can anyone identify who this group is? Their
music is so beautiful. I saw on PBS a documentary on a Trans-Siberian
Express railway trip. When the train stopped at Lake Baikal in Siberia for a
meditative/reflective moment the background music used, I believed was the
same choral group heard on "Hello Earth". WHO ARE THESE GUYS? The ending
credits did not identify. PBS could only tell me the show was a Russian
production. On KB's H of L CD she gives credit to "Youth", but running this
name in a search engine did not reveal what I was looking for. Various web
sites provide lyrics to "Hello Earth". However, if this group is described
at all it simply says a "Czech or Russian choral". Any help on who this
group is and record labels etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Del Stanley