Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Best Kate Bush album

From: MICSK@leeds.ac.uk (S. Kesavan)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 13:12:48 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Best Kate Bush album
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In my opinion, the best Kate Bush albums are 'Never for ever' and 'Ninth
wave'.....fact!

The Ninth wave is excellent. After listening to it for almost 10 years, I
still find it so interesting.It tells a story (to me) of a girl going through
an emotional journey through life. She experiences comfort (listening to the
radio), feeling trapped and persecuted (under ice), being punished during a
medieval time in her nightmare (waking the witch), feeling the presence of an
imaginary friend (watching you without me), wondering about her future (jig
of life), travelling and feeling isolated from the rest of the world (Hello
Earth) to waking up after a terrible nightmare having seen her whole life in
dream and cherishing a new day (morning fog). It is wonderful and having
listened to many other artists and CD's, no other musician has ever created
such an imaginative piece of work. Kate Bush is a genious.