Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TEY-land-1-

From: cc124@aol.com (CC124)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 20:39:07 -0400
Subject: TEY-land-1-
To: <rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Wieland Willker wrote:

>>-All songs are piano only.
>>
>>-The songs are very possibily from 1973 ("The First Recordings").  Maybe
>>this is one of the tapes Ricky Hopper presented (without success) to
record
>>companies.  These demos are therefore older than known ones.  We can
>>distinguish now 1973-demos and 1976-demos.
>>We have a tracklisting for eight [ten] of the songs as follows:
>>
>>1. Something Like A song
>>2. Need Your Loving
>>3. Davy (or Davey)
>>4. You Were The Star
>>5. Gay Farewell
>>6. Cussi Cussi
>>7. Atlantis
>>8. Sunsi
>>9. Disbelieving Angel
>>10. Go Now While You Can

I have had the opportunity to hear these early years a couple of times,
I'm curious to know, isn't the song known as "Organic Acid" included in
these demos?
Also on the songs "You Were The Star", "The Gay Farewell", "Organic Acid",
besides Kate playing the piano, where is the background music coming from?
 Who is playing it?  About the song, "Go Now While You Can", has anyone
heard this song yet?

Besides the 30-40 demo songs from The Cathy Demos and The Early Years
demos, Kate has said that she wrote about 200 songs at that time period.
Does this mean there are still over 100 demo songs for us to hear, that
haven't reached the public the same way these 30-40 songs have?

...Colleen