Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ERIC CLAPTON, KATE, ART & EXPLOITATION

From: Don <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 23:03:19 -0600
Subject: Re: ERIC CLAPTON, KATE, ART & EXPLOITATION
To: ANGLTRED@aol.com
Cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 8:20 PM -0600 8/13/97, ANGLTRED@aol.com wrote:
><< >>>... you have obviously not experienced
><< >>much suffering (or you stuff it and deny the pain) and while you may be
><< >>ignorantly blissful for it, it's probably also the reason you are so
>shallow.
><<
><< That is pretty darned unfair to say about someone you don't know --
><< especially when all he's done is disparage a song and a performer you
><< happen to like! -- and arguably out of bounds for the polite discourse we
><< should all be enjoying in this group.  Don can be harsh and judgemental in
><< his opinions, and enjoys fights (uh, I mean, "spirited exchanges of
><< opinion") but he is not shallow, nor is he personally abusive to the
>people
><< he argues with.  Give him a chance and you might just be surprised.
><< >>
>
>Thank you for pointing that out to me.  I apologize sincerely.  I wrote that
>when my feathers were still a bit ruffled from the comments that seemed to me
>to be quite insensitive and shallow.  Naturally, I should not have attacked
>Dongerous's character.  As you say, I too, am unfortunately prone to enjoy
>"spirited exchanges of opinion" on occasion...and unfortunately most of those
>occasions occur only after I have not thoroughly thought through my reactions
>and formed an appropriate response.  Dongerous....you are my fellow
>Love-Hound and if you were sitting here, I'd pass you a peace-pipe and hope
>you'd receive it.

I don't smoke, but that's okay. Besides, it didn't bother me, so don't
worry about it. I'd bet Richard was more concerned about the implications
of the post are for the mailing-list that was about me wiping any tears
from my eyes while I stared in despair at my monitor. LOL!

>I still disagree with your opinions regarding Clapton, however!   But
>hey....it's diversity that makes the world go around, isn't it? >:-}

No, actually diversity is what causes wars.

-Don