Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and TAFKAP

From: yu127620@YorkU.CA (Ratnadeep Bhadra)
Date: 7 Aug 1997 06:02:51 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate and TAFKAP
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

: Funny, I heard the exact same rumor a few years ago from a friend,
: coindidentally ALSO named Starr, ALSO a dancer -- except she was living in
: Switzerland and had never been near anyone's recording studio.  She was a
: big TAFKAP fan and showed up here one summer wondering when the KATE/PRINCE
: album was going to come out.
:
: Considering we had a very authoritative update on Kate's collaboration with
: TAFKAP last year from one of his former sound engineers, and since that
: person made it clear they had only met once (at the concert), I wonder if
: there is some way to confirm the possible existence of these tracks.
:
: Karen  kln@staralliance.com
:

I wouldn't doubt it, Prince when working with real artists not Paula
Abdul's and Madonna's, often records a lot of material.  He's recorded
more than a few songs with Miles' Davis, George Clinton, Bonnie Riatt.
Most of these collaborations are still in his vault.

RONNNNNY