Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Perkins Not a Clone of Elvis (Was re: Bankrupt Record Chains)

From: Heather Russell <hrussell@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 20:15:33 -0400
Subject: Perkins Not a Clone of Elvis (Was re: Bankrupt Record Chains)
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

>Sometimes the clones are pretty good...or better. You think Elvis was
>the
>only decent artist in the '50s. I think he was eclipsed by many of his
>"clones," including people like Carl Perkins.

Sorry if this has already been brought up - I am catching up on a week's
worth of posts.

Actually, if anything, Elvis was a clone of Carl Perkins, not the other
way around.  Carl Perkins was around *before* Elvis, and it was Carl who
wrote and originally recorded Blue Suede Shoes, which was later remade
by Elvis.

Speaking of The King, I thought the Elvis bit in Men in Black was pretty
funny...

:-)  Heather
--
| Heather Russell                   |