Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Shoe boxes

From: Karen Newcombe <kln@staralliance.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 10:12:16 -0700
Subject: Shoe boxes
To: "love-hounds@gryphon.com" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

As I recall, every bootlegger in town ran out and started making these
cheesey "shoebox" packages and just threw in whatever they could think of.

There WAS an official EMI promotional shoebox, and as I recall it did NOT
contain shoes.  The ads for them that showed up in Goldmine shortly after
TRS release described them as having a CD, a bio on Kate, a Red Shoes pen,
a photo or two, and possibly other trinkets.  I never saw a description or
picture of the outside of the box.

If anyone out there has one of these promo boxes would you kindly give us a
good description of the box and contents?

For a while these were selling for huge amounts of money; I even saw one
advertised for $300. U.S., which is ridiculous.  Having not looked at
Goldmine in ages I have no idea whether many of these are still in
circulation.  If anyone ever comes across one of these I'd be interested in
having a look at the thing.

Karen  kln@staralliance.com