Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Constellation of the Heart

From: "DJH" <donna@math.uconn.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:45:25 +0000
Subject: Re: Constellation of the Heart
To: MiaSimone@aol.com, love-hounds@gryphon.com
Comments: Authenticated sender is <donna@tatung.math.uconn.edu>

> >  "Constellation of the Heart" is the worst of all--a pointedly mainstream
> song
> >  with a ridiculous group vocal and a hideously bland groove.
>
> The above was removed from someone's post on a review of The Red Shoes, and
> for the third or fourth time since I subscribed to Love Hounds, I am indeed
> surprised on the subject of "Constellation of the Heart".  As it seems the
> majority concur that this song is abysmal.
>
> I would just like a show of hands of those who, like me, find this track to
> be one of their favorites on TRS.  I adore the "dialogue" back and forth
> between the "Cap'n" and crew, and the theme of it reminds me of Hounds of
> Love -- being afraid to embrace love.  I also heard this song for the first
> time as I was driving out to Death Valley, miles from any life at all in the
> Mojave desert, out for my yearly visit to a dear ballerina friend of mine,
> who was just turning 70 years old.  So I was in quite an elevated state, and
> that is forever fused with my association with Constellation.

One of my favorites..

> I agree that The Red Shoes lacks much of what I love about the girl who first
> caught my ear wailing for Heathcliff...but I feel there are at least four
> other tracks to moan about much louder than Constellation of the Heart.
>
> XOXOXO
> Melanie
> (Is it gonna hurt, is it gonna hurt me bad ?)

 (We take all the telescopes and turn them around
And point them away from the big sky)

Looking into our SELVES to see the wonder of existance, rather than
looking out toward the big sky..  the goddess in us all.

I see TRS as KaTe's comming out of the broom closet announcement.  I
know that the is she / isn't she argument of whether or not she is a
pagan (witch) is sorta taboo here.. but if she isn't, she sure wants
us to think so..  Lily (the video) is almost a religious experience
for me...

d~