Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: HoL EMI Booklet

From: "He Is John" <heisjohn@gate.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 13:17:12 -0400
Subject: Re: HoL EMI Booklet
To: "Love Hounds" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

PDFM wrote:
>I wasn't actually comparing Kate's *music* to that that of "Sting,
>Collins,
>and Clapton", but making a point about her being accepted into the
>percieved circle of "elder statespersons" of Rock. In retrospect I
>should
>have included Gabriel as a comparator.

IMO, your notes are *PERFECT* just as they are!

In the context of your final paragraph, I think citing Sting, Collins and
Clapton makes more sense than including someone like Gabriel.  Although a
more kindred spirit to Kate, I don't believe Gabriel's name would make the
"aristocracy" point any clearer.

I particularly enjoyed the way in which you indicted the fickle nature of
the rock press.  I, like NME, had been a huge fan from the start, but was
beginning to lose interest by the summer of '85.  Your notes brought it all
back to me -- and made me realize once again that there's no one else quite
like Kate.  Thanks...

John