Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TEY-land -2-

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 11:12:25 -0100
Subject: TEY-land -2-
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

This is my contribution to the lyrics-game.
I've been listening to these demos almost every free minute for several
weeks now
and my ears are aching.
Keep in mind that I have only a (copy of a)^n copy, with n > 3.
Here you have it.

=================
"The Early Years"
=================

1. Something Like A Song  (different demo version)
   3'43 (two times)
2. Passing Through Air    (demo version)
   2'10
3. Humming                *** NEW in Parts ***
   1'50
4. You Were the Star      *** NEW DEMO ***
   2'38
5. The Gay Farewell       (different demo version)
   2'44
6. Cussi, Cussi           *** NEW DEMO ***
   2'40
7. Atlantis               *** NEW DEMO ***
   3'01
8. Sunsi                  *** NEW DEMO ***
   2'40

Something Like a Song
=====================

1	There's something that sounds like a song
2	In my garden, by the willow--
3	A piper:
4	"Oohoo, ahoo, oohoo, ahoo, oohoo, ahoo, hoooo"

5	I see him when I turn the lights down low,
6	In my garden, wading through the pond.
7	Rest ...
8	"Oohoo, ahoo, oohoo, ahoo, oohoo, ahoo, hoooo"

9	I've called him by every name I know,
10	Every name I know,
11	But he won't answer me.
12	He keeps coming forward, but never moving.
13	Is there no destiny here?

14	It sounds like a song
15	In my garden, by the willow--
16	A piper:
17	"Oohoo, ahoo, oohoo, ahoo, oohoo, ahoo, hoooo"

Passing Through Air
===================

1	Passing through air.
2	You mix the stars with your arms.
3	Walking through there.
4	The doom of eternity balms.
5	Skies of grey are not today.

6	Oh! If you throw my love away,
7	I need your loving, I need your loving. I...
8	Oh! If you pour down rain today,
9	I need your love,
10	So much, so much!

11	Laughing through smiles.
12	You lick my love with the years.
13	Walking for miles.
14	You cool my brow with your tears.
15	Skies of grey are not today.

16	Oh! If you throw my love away,
17	I need your loving, I need your loving. I...
18	Oh! If you pour down rain today,
19	I need your love, I need your care
20	So much, so much, so much!
21	...are not today...

22	Oh! If you throw my love away,
23	I need your loving, I need your loving. I...
24	Oh! If you pour down rain today,
25	I need your love, I need your care.
26	So much, so much, so much!

Maybe (by Bryan Dongray)
=====
[very difficult to get!]

1	I'm searching for any revolutionary open
2	Caused him to light a nerve [alive and now?]
3	I'm not on cloud nine on a blue sky
4	and there a-rocking
5	because he's a-rocking, too.
6	So maybe,
7	you may have many roads
8	and many thoughts for yawning [ya-hawning]
9	You're so like a st...

Humming
=======

1	Oh Davy,
2	You may have many birds
3	And many songs
4	For your mo(u)rning.
5	You're so like a star upon me
6	So like a star upon me
7	To be right in your garden
8	Humming, humming, humming.
[repeated]

You Were the Star
=================

1	White star,
2	When there was no-one,
3	You were in the sky.
4	And I don't know where, to be seen.

5	You have fallen, oh my star   [You were part of all ... star]
6	And you have lost your faith,
7	And tomorrow means the same to me, to all.
8	Nevermind, for tomorrow will be.
9	How do you keep it shining?

10	You were the star
11	And I don't know where
12	You where in the sky
13	And I don't know where, to be seen.

14	Now you have fallen, oh my star   [Now you have burned all my star]
15	And you have lost your faith,
16	And tomorrow means the same to me, to you, to all.
17	Nevermind, for tomorrow will be.
18	How do you keep it shining?
19	How do you keep it shining?

20	And I don't know where, to be seen.

21	Now you have fallen, oh my star   [Now you have burned all my star]
22	And you have lost your faith,
23	And tomorrow means the same to me, to you, to all.
24	Nevermind, for tomorrow will be.
25	How do you keep it shining?
26	How do you keep it shining?

The Gay Farewell
================

1	I've never seen
2	Such a sad queen
3	As Eddie.
4	I've seen him raving,
5	Maybe even in pain,
6	But never
7	Weeping like a baby.

8	On Saturday afternoon
9	He was really fine to him.
10	But on Saturday evening,
11	Oh, well Eddie was so pretty.
12	But now his boy is leaving.

13	Hey, boy, you're so young
14	To be a queen weeping.
15	Such a little princess.
16	Oh, Eddie, don't!
17	'Cause what can I do
18	But listen to your tired old story.

19	On Saturday afternoon
20	He was really fine to him.
21	But on Saturday evening,
22	Oh, well Eddie was so pretty.
23	But now his boy is leaving.
24	But now his boy is leaving.
25	But now he's leaving

26	Queeny, come home soon!

Cussi, Cussi
============

1	Please don't be afraid of this
2	Please don't move away
3	They do, surely you don't love them
4	So why hide it away from me
5	See me, you've got it, I haven't.
[gap]....-oon
6	It gets us really stoned,
7	Really amazingly
8	Cussi, cussi, cussi
9	Cussi, cussi, cussi.

10	Don't let them in when you see their secret smile, baby
11	Don't let them in when you feel love and desire
12	You'll get the wrong idea
13	You'll get ??? [broken?]
14	And you'll never let yourself go again with me
15	And I've noticed in your eyes a sadness
16	I don't mind to recognize
17	Oh, I'm feeling a heavy side of your extasy.

18	Now you're getting to me
19So that I can hardly bear it,
20	So that I can hardly bear it
21	No, no, don't get too deep
22	Don't let them in when you see that secret smile, baby
23	Don't let them in when you feel love and desire
24	You'll get the wrong idea,
25	you'll get no come/broken?
26	You'll never let yourself go again with me, properly.

Atlantis
========

1	In that ocean
2	Many [?] people in your gaze
3	And blue earth and the brightness in the case.

4	There is a city
5	(To know for you:) Atlantis   [Here in the deep, Atlantis]
6	In blue-in, some kind below the waves.
7	But in the city
8	Where there is no-one.
9	What's the point of being free?
10	When there is nothing there to tie me down.
11	Oh no, morning [more leave?]

12	That is the city,
13	Carved in coral and coral
14	On sea chests and sealed Jamaican tails[?]
15	There my darling [?]
16	Turn back my soul to meandering whales.
17	With a shoal of herrings amongst the sails.

18	But in the city,
19	Where there is no-one.
20	What's the point of being free?
21	When there is nothing there to tie me down.
22	Oh no, morning [more leave?]

23	There is the city, Atlantis.

Sunsi
=====

1	Did you know, I don't know what goes on
2	When you shut the blind in your eyes
3	That moment I come alive
4	Nobody knows you can't, you can't do, oh
5	Oh Sunsi, you really made me want to seek it out
6	Oh Sunsi, you really [release?] - precious key, precious key.
7	Oh Darling, precious key.
8	I don't know if your mystery is a ferry, [fairy?]
9	Oh, where is the light without you
10	Oh, where is the light without you

11	Falling, you appear so many ways
12	Falling over, falling down, falling in love,
13	I'm falling under your spell.
14	I know, that they're not aware of what you can do to me
15	Oh Sunsi, you really made me want to seek it out.
16	Oh Sunsi, you really [release?] - precious key, precious key
17	Precious key
18	I don't know if your mystery will remain
19	Oh, where is the light without you
20	Oh, where is the light without you

===
END