Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: HoL EMI Booklet

From: waldn@ucla.edu (Stormin')
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 23:43:57 GMT
Subject: Re: HoL EMI Booklet
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

rabensam@earthlink.net (Richard Bensam) wrote:

>Dongerous! wrote:

>No offense to Sheena Easton...but wasn't she just a career-minded
>undistinguished singer of undistinguished pop tunes who rode to fame on the
>basis of a couple of publicity-getting gimmicks?  When they wore out, so
>did her career.  But yeah, sure, let's lump her in together with Kate,
>another EMI recording artist who has nothing in common with her apart from
>gender and getting her name listed in the credits of a Prince album.

Oh, come on.  How can you reject such classic pieces as "Morning
Train" and "Sugar Walls"?  :P

Sheena was highlighted because she was "mainstream" from day one, you
know.  Unlike Kate, she's no contender to the Grammy Hall of Fame
(Kate, I see as a STRONG contendor, though it may take a number of
years after she's eligible).

Stormin'

"Somewhere in the depth, there is the light."