Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: kate & prince?

From: pohlke@inf.fu-berlin.de (Andreas Pohlke)
Date: 14 Jul 1997 14:44:57 GMT
Subject: Re: kate & prince?
To: rec-music-gaffa@news.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

snail@drn.zippo.com writes:
>In article <01bc7754$45c30c20$d4e29fc2@amibo.demon.nl>, gedver@freemail.nl
>says...
>>what does kate do with prince? any news about it?
>listen to the red shoes album

Hm...I read an article in the gaffaweb archive on the album the red shoes.
Kate sent a tape with the raw version of the song to paisley parc and
TAFKAP took a part of that song, made loop and filled the other 47 tracks
of his recorder-monster with several instruments and voices.
When the tape came back, Kate and (the engineer, bassist and friend)
had to look for what they can actually use.
So...it appears there has not been a very close, personal contact
between Kate and Prince -- different from the work with Peter Gabriel
or Nigel Kennedy or the numerous other artists, who visited the
studio.

Andreas.
(I this note gets chewed up: WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?)

--
Andreas Pohlke  <pohlke@ inf.fu-berlin.de>        Institute for Computer Science
http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~pohlke               Free University of Berlin