Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What this group listens to.

From: meredith <meth@smoe.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 22:54:12 -0400
Subject: Re: What this group listens to.
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Cc: kbmoore@indiana.edu

Hi!

Kira posted:

>In addition to Kate, here is part of a very long list of music I listen to:
>
>Ingrid Karklins

Yow!!!  It's rare to see someone I don't know who lists Ingrid in the
rotation in their CD player.  I just saw her perform yesterday evening, in
fact: at a teeny-tiny living-room-like venue in Middletown, Connecticut
called The Buttonwood Tree.  She's on her way to Latvia, and stopped over
on her way from Austin just to play there.  It was stunning.  Her new
album, _Red Hand_ will be released this fall, and judging by the songs I
heard last night, it's going to be *amazing*.

Are you aware of her mailing list?  (Apologies if you're on it and post
constantly and I just haven't noticed. :})  E-mail me if you want more info.

>Happy Rhodes

Yay!  :)

>Anonymous 4

Double yay!!!  Medieval music is my secret passion.  Yum.

>Jane Siberry (but not as much as I used to)

NYC 'Hounds may be interested to learn that Jane will be performing at
Irving Plaza this coming Friday night as part of the Intel New Music
Festival.  Whee.

>Caroline Lavelle

I hear she plays on Loreena McKennitt's new album which has been recorded
but won't be released until the end of the year.  <slaver>

What an amazing list.  Are you aware of the ecto list?  Just wondering...

| Meredith Tarr                                              meth@smoe.org |
| Boonton, NJ USA                                http://www.smoe.org/~meth |
|                 "Marmots will stick to you in Delaware."                 |
|                  - The Surrealist Compliment Generator                   |