Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What this group listens to.

From: twistdboy@aol.com (TWISTDboy)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 17:57:51 -0400
Subject: Re: What this group listens to.
To: <rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

My first post so I have a lot of catching up to do.
Talk talk is one of the few 80's bands I will admit to listening to still,
along with:
ABC
Aha
Dexy's
til tuesday

Rest of my list would include:
Aimee Mann
Heather Nova
Sarah McLachlan
Sheila Chandra
Rose Chronicles (Canadian on Nettwerk Records)
Dubstar
Beth Orton....etc....the list could go on forever

Age poll thing (albeit a little tardy with my response):
I'm 30 discovered Kate at about age 12 in '79 on the Kenny Everett Show
which they use to play on some Canadian TV station. Fell in love and awe
immediately
Fave album would have to be HoL followed closely by the Dreaming

My Top Five (for today):
1. Night of the Swallow
2. L'Amour Looks Something...
3. Burning Bridge
4. This Womans Work
5. And Dream of Sheep

Gawd, that was difficult (and long...Sorry)
Cheers,
scott