Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lilith Fair review (long..no KT content)

From: wombat@pacifier.com (Scott Lindsey)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 09:40:10 -0700
Subject: Re: Lilith Fair review (long..no KT content)
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <33C3F3A0.69AD@earthlink.net>, hifidelity@earthlink.net wrote:

> For those of you interested, there is a webpage dedicated to the Lilith
Fair at
> Nettwerk's site (www.nettwerk.com).  It contains a schedule of each show's
> artists and on which show they'll be appearing.  I am disappointed to hear
> that Sarah was not impressive.  She has been incredibly so in the past!

Better yet, go directly to www.lilithfair.com.

I went to the Salem, Oregon show.  The venue was very disappointing.  The
line just to get in was 45 minutes long.  They didn't allow people to bring
water bottles in with them (yet sold bottled water at the concessions).
The concessions area was too narrow and blocked the main thouroughfare
between the stages.

The music, though, was pretty good.  The early acts were too short (1/2
hour ea.).  Suzanne Vega was one of these, and seemed to treat the whole
thing as kind of a lark.  She didn't have a full band backing her and
didn't seem to have the energy that I've seen/heard in other performances.

Sarah McLachlan definitely had the best sound, but no-one matched the
energy of Paula Cole (who credits HoL as one of her inspirations).

--
Scott Lindsey <wombat@pacifier.com>