Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Under The Ivy

From: kbmoore@ezinfo.ucs.indiana.edu (Kira Moore)
Date: 9 Jul 1997 04:40:24 GMT
Subject: Re: Under The Ivy
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <l0302090aafe81a07c76b@[169.132.209.17]>,
Dongerous! <fastslow@idt.net> wrote:

>That's funny. I don't get much out of the song either.

Er.. my take on it? It's about love, and sex.  Go on, "under the leaves..
go right to the white rose"  it is rather suggestive.

Mebbe that's just me.

	Kira
	who once danced an interpretive modern dance to "Under the Ivy"
in dance class, in senior year in high school, in 1986. It was a silly
dance in a dress from Pier 1 that was supposed to look like a Greek chiton.
And I was in *luv*, for the first time, that year, with my best friend,
who occasionally seemed to return my feelings. This may have something to
do with my interpretation of the song.

kbmoore@indiana.edu