Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lilith Fair review (long..no KT content)

From: David Jacobsen <hifidelity@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 20:19:29 +0000
Subject: Re: Lilith Fair review (long..no KT content)
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

For those of you interested, there is a webpage dedicated to the Lilith Fair at
Nettwerk's site (www.nettwerk.com).  It contains a schedule of each show's
artists and on which show they'll be appearing.  I am disappointed to hear
that Sarah was not impressive.  She has been incredibly so in the past!

I would definitely suggest checking out the schedule before attending.
There are some great acts to be seen on the second stage, and I've heard
that there has been a third stage scheduled for some dates that will feature
local acts.

Sorry if this is long, but here is a list of who will be performing throughout
the tour.  Quite diverse.

Alisha's Attic			Leah Andreone		Fiona Apple			Joy Askew			Autour de Lucie
Mary Black			Meredith Brooks			Tracy Bonham			The Cardigans			Lori Carson
Mary Chapin Carpenter			Tracy Chapman			Holly Cole			Paula Cole
Shawn Colvin			Sheryl Crow			Julia Fordham			Kim Fox			Patty Griffin
Emmylou Harris			Juliana Hatfield			Lauren Hoffman			Susanna Hoffs		Indigo Girls
Jewel			Katell Keineg			Yungchen Lhamo			Mary Jane Lamo	 Lhasa			Lisa Loeb
Lovechild 		Tara Maclean		 Michelle Malone			Dayna Manning		Sarah McLachlan
Holly McNarland			Abra Moore	 Mudgirl  Once Blue			Beth Orton
Joan Osborne  Madeleine Peyroux	 September 67			Jill Sobule  Garrison Starr
Kinnie Starr			Suzanne Vega  Wild Colonials		 Wild Strawberries		 Dar Williams
Victoria Williams  Kelly Willis   Cassandra Wilson

If my suggestions are worth anything, I would greatly recommend seeing Tara
MacLean and Lori Carson if you happen to be in a city where either of them
are playing.  Both are quite good.

I must wonder, though, what Meredith Brooks is doing playing the main stage!

David