Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

age "poll"

From: msmeeko@aol.com (MsMeeko)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 20:10:35 -0400
Subject: age "poll"
To: <rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

here's yet another lurker...  I just wanted to put my bit in:

my name is Kim and I am 25 (26 in a couple of weeks), and I discovered
Kate when I was almost 19.  I was pretty resistant to Kate ( I was jealous
of the working relationship she had with David Gilmour, I guess you could
say), in the beginning, but after consulting one of my many, many Pink
Floyd books (the band history by Miles) which mentioned the use of the
helicopter sample in "Waking the Witch"  I caved and bought a copy of HOL
that I found in the bargain bin at a record store in Gainesville, FL.  On
my drive home to Sarasota, I listened and was hooked for once and for all.
 It was just growing dark as "And Dream Of Sheep" started, and the Ninth
Wave rolled over me as a heavy rain fell.  The tape ended before I got
home, and I started it again, taking in the full impact of repeated
listenings.

I've never turned back - and why would I want to??

Kim