Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Touring

From: "Alan Chamberlin" <xxxxabckid@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 25 Jun 1997 06:10:10 GMT
Subject: Re: Touring
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Leigh.Perkins@sset.com wrote in article <3aaaa4e0@sset.com>...
>      Hi Ron
>
>      No, he was doing the idiot check (the check made after gigs looking
>      for leads and stuff) after a live performance during the tour and
>      tripped down onto a concrete block poor guy.
>
>      Either way, Kate not touring can't still be attributed to this.
yesno.

__________________________________
> Subject: Re: Touring
> Author:  Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin) at INTERNET
> Date:    6/20/97 11:49 AM
>

> --- Leigh.Perkins@sset.com wrote:
>  Is everyone aware of the primary reasons that Kate doesn't tour
>         anymore? I too have always been saddened by the fact that I can't

>         see her perform, but after she lost a crew member to a stage

>         rigging accident she called off any future touring.
> --- end of quoted material ---
> Hi,
>
>      I may be wrong, but I think Bill died during rehersals thus BEFORE
the
> TOur Of Life actually started.
>

> peace
>
> ron

I have always heard that the primary reason we don't see her here in the
states is because she doesn't like to fly.  Kind of difficult to get here
from England if you don't fly.

But, hey, I like other groups that don't tour, i.e. Steely Dan (at least
not until recently).  BTW, I'm happy to say that I attended the Aja tour.
The album came out in 1977(?), the tour occured in 1993.  Now there's a
long wait for a tour. :-)

--
Alan Chamberlin
----

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
Santayana