Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Origin of wordless singing in 'Hello Earth' solved.

From: Mephistophilis <stch8002@bureau.ucc.ie>
Date: 22 Jun 1997 22:04:45 GMT
Subject: Origin of wordless singing in 'Hello Earth' solved.
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

The beautiful wordless melody sung by the Hickox ensemble at several
points towards the end of 'Hello Earth' also appears on the soundtrack of
the film 'Nosferatu' - but not on the Popul Vuh soundtrack CD. I have
quite accidentally discovered the true origin of the music and it is far,
far from Popul Vuh or their friends. However I haven't visited this group
in a year or two so maybe this is not news. Anyone interested?
Dr. Fergus Lalor, Chemistry Dept., University
College, Cork, IRELAND.
Telephone: 353-(0)21-902317. Fax: 353-(0)21-274097
E-mail: STCH8002@BUREAU.UCC.IE

dein goldenes Haar Margarete
dein aschenes Haar Shulamith
'Todesfuge', Paul Celan (1947-1970).