Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Sims

From: nth-wave@easynet.co.uk (Dave Watkins)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 11:14:01 -0300
Subject: Kate Sims
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi

I was watching "Exclusive!" on Channel 5 yesterday and they were doing a
feature on Alisha's Attic (who i think are great) to coincide with the
release of their latest single. They interviewed the girls who said that
the people who had inspired them were Prince, The Doors and Kate Bush!
They mentioned other names but then reiterated that their main influences
were Prince and Kate.

So, anyway, I bought their latest single "Air We Breath" and...I tell
you....Track 4 "Bitter Lemon" has *exactly* the same beat used on "Watching
You Without Me".  Perhaps it is a sample?

Dave

BTW anyone needed a Kate fix should buy Sarah Brightman's latest single
"Time to Say Goodbye"  There are some tracks on there that sound exactly
like Kate.