Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

POLL: results

From: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 24 Jun 97 15:18:37 EDT
Subject: POLL: results
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi Folks,

    The poll is closed.   Here are the results:

total answering poll:       42
total male:                 27
total female                15

Ratio Male to Female        1.8 to 1

Average age:                30.4
Average "Kate" age:         17.0 *

Average Male age:           33.1
Average Male "Kate" age:    18.1 *
Youngest Male               18
Oldest Male                 51

Age breakdown Male:         16 - 25      6
                            26 - 35     10
                            36 - 45      8
                            46 - 55      3

Average Female age          25.4
Average Female "Kate" age   14.7 *
Youngest Female             19
Oldest Female               30

Age breakdown Female        16 - 25     7
                            26 - 35     8

"Kate" age:   age in which the individual discovers Kate's music.

* - 3 reponses (1 M, 2 F) failed to tell me at what age they discovered Kate.

Some Observations:

The average male Kate fan would've discovered Kate around the time The Dreaming
was released.  (1982)
   (Average age - Average Kate age    33.1 - 18.1 = 15 years ago)

The Average female Kate fan would've discovered Kate around the time
The Whole Story (or Hounds Of Love) was released.  (1986 +/-)
   (average age - Average Kate Age    25.4 - 14.7 = 10.7 years ago)

If you look at the average "Kate" age for both Male and female, we notice
that the age more or less corresponds with the "typical" age difference
of maturity between Males and females  (about 3 years) and the age itself
more or less corresponds with the "typical" age of adulthood.  At 14, a girl
is pretty much an adult in terms of general maturity.  For boys, it's more
like 17 or 18.   Of course, this is based on my own personal opinion.

So, can we assume that the favorite Kate album of a male would be The Dreaming?
Hounds Of Love for females?

This was fun. :-)    Thanks to all who participated.

peace

ron