Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Ageing Lurkers

From: Morten Franck Johnsen <morten@skrivervik.no>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 17:42:02 +0200
Subject: Re: Ageing Lurkers
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I went to England for the first time in 1980 when I was 13.
I had only heard a few KB songs, like Wuthering heights, Wow
and Babooshka, but I was curious and wanted to hear more.

I found "Never for ever" on summer sale in Birmingham. That album
always reminds me of summer in England, especially Delius, Egypt,
Violin, Army dreamers and Infant kiss.

Later that year I bought Lionheart and Kick inside, in that order.

In school (must have been around 85) I spent all breaks for months
"competing" in quotes from KB lyrics. Chalk and blackboard.
Ahhh..... those memories.....:)

Morten

--
Morten Franck Johnsen