Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hello Earth & Nosferatu

From: Bryan Dongray <btd@cray.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 10:41:41 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Hello Earth & Nosferatu
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com

Hello!

Another one, not from me...

			Bryan Dongray

Date: 23 Jun 1997 14:33:10 +0000
From: Mephistophilis <STCH8002@bureau.ucc.ie>
Subject: Rec.music.gaffa
To: btd@cray.com

Hi Bryan -
Forgive this intrusion which results from my
having seen your posting to r.m.g forwarding a
message from someone who was unable to contact
the group. I am not a regular reader of r.m.g
(nor a particular fan of KB) but I have recently
stumbled across some information that might be of
interest to fans. However all my attempts at
posting to r.m.g have failed - odd because I have
no trouble posting to other groups.  Maybe you
could forward the following to the group?
Regards -
Fergus Lalor

The beautiful wordless melody sung by the Hickox
ensemble at several points towards the end of
'Hello Earth' also appears on the soundtrack of
the film 'Nosferatu' - but not on the Popul Vuh
soundtrack CD. I have quite accidentally
discovered the true origin of the music and it is
far, far from Popul Vuh or their friends. However
I haven't visited this group in a year or two so
maybe this is not news. Anyone interested?

Dr. Fergus Lalor, Chemistry Dept., University
College, Cork, IRELAND.
Telephone: 353-(0)21-902317. Fax: 353-(0)21-274097
E-mail: STCH8002@BUREAU.UCC.IE

dein goldenes Haar Margarete
dein aschenes Haar Shulamith
'Todesfuge', Paul Celan (1947-1970).