Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: lyrics of "the long and winding road'and 'She leaving home'

From: Dongerous! <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 10:32:56 -0700
Subject: Re: lyrics of "the long and winding road'and 'She leaving home'
To: delius@xs4all.nl (Marco Gatti)
Cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 12:36 PM -0700 6-18-97, Marco Gatti wrote:
>I bought a bootleg "butterfly kisses' with two Kate songs on it:
>'The long and winding road'and 'She leaving home'
>
>Does anybody got the lyrics?

Neither of those are KB songs. They are a couple of lesser examples of
Lennon/McCartney craft (am I the only one that finds many of KB's cover
choices to be dreadful and unimaginative?).

"She's Leaving Home" is on The Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club
Band," a ground-breaking, but uneven, album that you should probably own,
anyway.

"The Long and Winding Road" is on the production-flawed "Let It Be" album
by The Beatles. Someday, they'll put out the original "Get Back" version
and the earth can properly spin on its axis again.

If you do a Web search of Beatles sites, I'm sure it won't be long before
you come up with the lyrics to both songs.

- Don