Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Twenty-Somethings

From: Dongerous! <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 09:55:22 -0700
Subject: Re: Twenty-Somethings
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 3:53 AM -0700 6-19-97, Theo O'Neal wrote:

>I didn't hear any Kate until I was 18 or so.  Someone was playing "The Big
>Sky" in a local record shop and I was in love.  But, of course, I left and
>forgot to ask who the artist was.

I was vacationing in London back in 1980 and a song called "A Day Without
Me" was blasting over the sound system at the Virgin Megastore. I inquired
as to who it was by and the clerk informed me it was a new band, U2. I
grabbed an armfull of the singles and distributed them to my friends when I
got back home. Anyone ever hear of what happened to this U2 band?

Moral: Always ask who's playing if you hear something over the store system.

>I found out later and put off buying an album until I'd gotten my first CD
>player, when I was 20.  The first CD I bought for it was _The Whole Story_.
>Instant Love.  Now I'm 25 and none of my friends can understand my Kate
>infatuation.  Oh well.

None? I have quite a few friends (including my wife) that are into KB. In
1978/9 I had a girlfriend that was into KB that she had her done like KB on
the Japanese cover of TKI. Bonus...she looked as good as KB!

- Don