Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Twenty-Somethings

From: "katya" <katya@clear.net.nz>
Date: 20 Jun 1997 05:53:19 GMT
Subject: Re: Twenty-Somethings
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Jennifer & Sharon <Jenshar@cris.com> wrote 19 June
> I'm 26.  I first heard Running Up That Hill when I was about fifteen and
> *gasp* didn't like it.  I discovered the error of my opinion in 1991 when
> someone I met in France encouraged me to check out more of her songs.  I
> bought all of her albums within a month.
> Jennifer

Okay - I too fall into the 20-something age bracket. And I'd like to
proclaim that I'm 24!! (I've only got 2 months until the big 2 - 5 !!) I
really discovered Kate when 17, although I'd loved that lovely wee ditty
she sung with Mr Gabriel for years before that. Mine was a classic
addiction - a friend gave me the Whole Story, and following the most
helpful informaiton included inside, I purchased all her albums, in
sequence over a 3 month time-period. I remember having to order them all
because the stores didn't stock them - and I only had a tape
player...........now, things have changed. I run a music store and my
collection is complete (well, considering what is actually available to me
!) I try to stock all the albums in store, but EMI has made only 2
available here. However, there are ways.................
	I wonder what the age spread is like for Kates fans - I'd like to think
that she's reached people in many age brackets!!! (that may be a little
idealistic!!!!)

	Cheers, Katya