Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New HOL in Amherst MA!

From: "barnster" <barnster@hell.com>
Date: 18 Jun 1997 13:35:27 GMT
Subject: Re: New HOL in Amherst MA!
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

EMI released this because they know there are suckers out there who'll buy
it.  Hey, I just dropped 34 bucks at my local music store!  I admit it.
I'm a sucker.  I also have HOL on marbled edition cassette (my first copy),
EMI America LP, EMI America CD, EMI Manhattan CD, CD from the UK boxed set,
and now the centanary edition!  Sometimes I wish I had stopped at the
cassette.  It's not like a different release sounds any different.

Truthfully, I feel a little ripped off.  The price and the reissue just
cannot be justified.  But as I said, I'm a sucker.  And I know and EMI
knows that there are lots of people like me out there.  Now, if only they
had re-released the Sensual World instead...