Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: U.S. re-release of HoL? When???

From: "katya" <katya@clear.net.nz>
Date: 18 Jun 1997 10:55:35 GMT
Subject: Re: U.S. re-release of HoL? When???
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

On Sun, 15 June 97, Steve Borden wrote
> On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Dongerous! wrote:
> > At 7:09 PM -0800 6-12-97, Steve Borden wrote:
> > >Does anyone know when the EMI re-issue of Hounds of Love will
> > >be released in the U.S.?
> > I'd say that "never" is the most probable answer....

Now now Don, don't get bitter on us.........Record companies are always
considerate in the choices they make for us when they select their
production plan!

> That's what I was afraid of, though I've seen some other EMI           >
centenary stuff at my local Tower.
> > > And for those of you in the U.K. who already have it -- is
> > > the sound quality significantly better?  Appreciate any info.

What is Tower like there? Where are you? We have a Tower in my
town.......they only have 2 kt albums. And say the box set is no longer
available. Where am I going to get my emergency back-up set from?

> > Oh, c'mon, Steve. You're going to buy it no matter what...aren't > >
you? I am.
> Heh.  Well, when you do, let me know where I can find it!
> == Steve

Well Guys, It's good news I have for you. An EMI rep here was visiting
England, and someone there said that they would be releasing it overseas.
At least, I'm hoping...............Mind you New Zealand is the last to get
anything, so there'll be none left by then!!! Oh well,.......