Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

...just another top 5...

From: "Thomas A. Hendricks" <BriarCub@flink.com>
Date: 16 Jun 1997 08:22:57 GMT
Subject: ...just another top 5...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Haven't seen a "top 5" for a while...here's mine :-)

5. Them Heavy People.  The SNL version is before my time, unfortunately...
   The first time I heard this song, I had just bought TKI for a friend's
   birthday gift and, while playing this song, her mother mistook the first
   "rolling" for her little sister (named Kate...) crying for "Mommy"  This
   was followed by a frantic "Kate?  Is that you?  Are you all right?" A most
   surreal experience...

4. Delius.  I remember hearing this song when I still lived with my parents
    and had my old waterbed...Falling asleep on a balmy midwestern summer's
    night to this song was pure heaven...

3. The Wedding List.  I have a sick sense of humor, ok?  I can't believe all
    of the years I spent believing the first words were "No I'll never give her
    the hot tub..."

2. Suspended in Gaffa.  This was the first KT song I ever heard outside of
    having seen the Cloudbusting and RUTH videos and I remember only being
    able to understand the word "Pandora" the first time I heard it (at the
    same friend's house)

   I'm gonna get killed for this one, but...

1. All The Love.  The story behind this one is too long (and too personal) for
    rmg, but suffice it to say that I get goosebumps...and I listen to my
    goosebumps...

Bottom five? Can TSW and TRS each count as one item?  Okay, they are both
*beginning* to grow on me...nonetheless

5. Walk Straight Down The Middle
4. You're The One (and "treacle" is right!)
3. Wow (Worst Older Work?)
2. Ken (That scream?!! AAAAGH!)
1. Reaching Out (See how my fans wait four years so patiently for what they
    cannot stand...)

I do not have any Cathy recordings, nor do I own TWW (I have Back Sides w/the
 scratchy DWBMA and several 45s though) so it's not really a very complete list
 IMHO...just my $1/50

long live KT,
to/\/\
BriarCub@flink.com