Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Sinead! "Gospel Oak"

From: waldn@ucla.edu (Stormin')
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 19:46:37 GMT
Subject: New Sinead! "Gospel Oak"
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

After a hellish quarter, I was thrilled upon walking in a Penny Lane
CD store, to hear Sinead's voice.  It's a great EP-- there are some
voices that just carry away right with their utterances.  Tori, Kate
Fiona, Sarah, and Heather are just a few.  Of course, I bought one
immediately.  The name of the album is "Gospel Oak."

The album is wonderfully spiritual and in honor of peoples who have
endured hardship.  Sinead gives enery in calmness to perhaps an
enduring degree to the energy of anger in "The Lion and the Cobra."
Her voice is luring, peaceful, and sound.  I strongly recommend it!

Stormin'

Somewhere in the depth, there is the light.