Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: love-hounds-digest Digest V13 #141

From: sjennin@wvnvm.wvnet.edu (Susan Jennings)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 15:26:27 -0400
Subject: Re: love-hounds-digest Digest V13 #141
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

>>>I was a late bloomer, but actually a young one since I'm only twenty
>>one.:)
>>
>>And I thought I was a young one around here!  (I'm 27.)  Any other
>>Kate fans out there in this age bracket?>

I'm 28 (but I *just* turned 28) and mostly a lurker on this list.  I
remember the song Running Up the Hill when it came out and loved it.  Bus
alas, I lived in rural West Virginia, and records/cd's that were not top 40
(as well as the $ to buy them with) were somewhat difficult to come by.
Anyway, a few years ago, right after I had just gotten my first "real" job
and was brain dead from lack of intellectual stimulation, a friend
introduced me to Kate.  She set my head on fire. . .it took me a year to
come down off of that high.  I remember when I realized that this Kate lady
he kept talking about was the one who sang Running Up the Hill, I started
constantly singing about "making a deal with God" and my mother asked me if
this Kate Bush sang religious music. . .

I told her it depended on how you look at it. . .and who you talked to. . .