Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The most important message from Wieland to LH this month

From: Bryan Dongray <btd@cray.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 09:51:30 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: The most important message from Wieland to LH this month
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com

Hi Wieland,

Here it is...
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 09:44:49 -0100
To: btd@cray.com
From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>

Hello Bryan,

unfortunately I have no access to LH anymore! Can you please forward the
following message for me?

Hello friends,

I have tried many times to post to LH, without success. Although I still
get the digest, I am not able to post to the list anymore. Precise I am
able to post, but the messages do not show up in the digest. I have written
to Bill, but no answer. What can I do?
I have interesting things to say!
For example, Wieland has heard "The Early Years"!

And in things "HOL-remastered":
- The "Ninth Wave" reference is not found in Tennyson's "Holy Grail".
Although it is from the "Idylls", it is part of "The Coming of Arthur"!
- It's not Michael Kaman, but Kamen.
Both errors have been left for historical reasons. Hee hee...
- And it's NOT "Columbia"! Now at the end of "Jig of Life", not the
beginning of "Hello Earth". It's "Well, we're now at nine times...".
- After a first listening the digital remastering is mainly a reduction of
noise for me, some distortions are still there, for example at the
beginning of "Hello Earth".
If you ever were stuck on that desert island and had only one of Kate
Bush's albums HOL-remastered should be the one.

And, if you don't believe it:
"It gets us really stoned, really amazingly..." (Cussi, Cussi)
(No joke.)

Folks!
KATE BUSH IS GOD.

Best wishes
    Wieland
    (who wants to come back to LH, but he can't!)

PS: "Big Sky - Met. Mix" is the greatest song in the universe!